Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thanks from an author...

I want to let you know that I am having a very pleasant experience with Tate Publishing. My book is entitled The Adventures of a Common Man. I am a 1st time author and know next to nothing about the world of publishing. I researched many companies, but choose Tate because of the positive things I read about it on blogs and the fact that you publish family friendly material. This is a decision I do not regret.
Every contact I have had from Melissa Huffer to Jaime Bode has been uplifting. When talking with me, all seem to make me feel as if I am the only person on their agenda and there is no hurry. Also, all listen and make comments that indicate my words were indeed heard and understood. When Melissa told me Tate would like to offer me a contract, she actually told which part of my book she enjoyed the most and "why". I was totally blown away by that.
During my initial interview with Jaime Bode (my conceptual editor), it was evident to me that she was extremely interested in helping me write a better book. I did not expect to hear from her again until the end of this month, but I received an e-mail from her telling me that she was "fully engrossed" in my book and suggested that I had done a good job on it. I do not know if that is standard procedure to say, but it sure makes one feel good.
I truly appreciate the words of encouragement and positive feelings your staff project.
I can not wait to see the final outcome and hope that it a success for both of us.

No comments: